BITOSSI CERAMICHE

A FAMILY AFFAIR

When Guido Bitossi, heir to a long dynasty, founded the ‘Maioliche artistiche Guido Bitossi’ factory in 1921 he proposed a type of production linked to the ancient ceramic traditions and classical styles of centuries past in the Montelupo Fiorentino area of Italy.

The family-run company’s evolution powerfully manifested itself in a modern vein under the artistic direction of Aldo Londi, a man with an innate creative and aesthetic sense, and a keen eye for changes in taste and the uniqueness of Italian products. Londi entered Bitossi in 1946 and was the undisputed protagonist for more than 50 years as a painter, artistic director researcher of styles and objects – with his exclusive creations for Bitossi Ceramiche still cherished around the world today.